Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Boo to YOU! And a small freebie from me

I haven't posted in almost a month!  I promise I'm still over here!  Busy busy.  So this blog will serve a couple of purposes.  One, to let you know I'm still here.  Check.  Two, to show you this cutesy activity we did a while back (and I just keep forgetting to take a picture).  Three, to tell you I've been BOO'D!

So here goes:

Short story version is that I teach the "English Language Learners" class.  If you aren't aware, it's a requirement from the state to put kids who do not have English as their first language into the same class.  We segregate them.  Yes, I said it.  Online.  Where others can see.  It was part of a Prop that passed a long time ago, yadda yadda.  Well I LOVE the kids in it, but do not agree that putting them all in one class will promote their learning of the english language.  Ok, off your soapbox woman.  Anyway, the district wardens were coming in to make sure we were segregating correctly.  We had to have stuff on the walls with the objectives posted next to them and I wanted to impress them so I had to think of something.  So I quickly googled sock outlines and we created this:


*update* I went to school and attached the socks to this picture as a small FREEBIE! :D  You SHOULD be able to click the pic and get the sock pdf.  I have to make sure that the kids are talking 50% of the day.  So what I did was gave each set of partners ONE pair of socks.  They had to have one partner describe the sock using adjectives (a standard we were working on) to the other partner so they could color it to match.  Then they got another pair and did again, with the second partner choosing the design.  We then counted by twos to 50.  After that, we played "I spy" and had to describe a sock to our partners.  Our partner had to use our describing word clues to figure out which sock we were "spying".

Cutesy activity: check.

I have been BOO'D!  So fun!


So Dana over at Fun in 1st Grade BOO'D me!  There are rules, as with all awards and funsies.  Here's what you have to do:

If you've been booed, copy and paste the above pic and these "rules" into your post.
1.  Give a shout out to the blogger who booed you and link back to their site!
2. Share 3-5 October activities, books, products (yours or someone else),
or freebie(s) that you love!
3.  Share the Boo love with 5 bloggers- make sure you check this link to make sure you don't boo someone again:
 http://toristeachertips.blogspot.com/2012/10/ive-been-booed-fun-october-linky.html
And don't forget to tell them that they have been BOOED!
4.  Link up {here} so that others can find you and read about your October ideas!  And while you are there... check out the other great blogs!
Here are my 3-5 October activities:
1. We love love love this book
2. I found this cravtivity over at First Grade Fever about bats.  It's awesome, go check it out in her TPT store here


 3. Dana at Fun in 1st Grade kindly created an ABC order for halloween and shared it as a freebie.  Go to her blog to snag it!

 


4. Check out this Pumpkin Freebie Pack from Jennifer at First Grade Blue Skies
 


Here are the lovely bloggies I am Booing...

1.FGF 



2.   Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists



3. First Grade Blue Skies



4. Finally in First


 5.









Whew!  Ok that was long and it's super late.  My boys have been ever so kindly waking up in the middle of the night for the past few nights.  This means that I'll only get a couple hours of sleep.  Oh joy!  At least it's for a good cause.  :P  Speaking of... my cause last night was staying up to watch Autumn the giraffe give birth!!!!  Anyone else see that?!?!  So cool.  I still say she should have gone with the epi.  ;)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment